top of page
  • Writer's picturerottierlawoffice

US Immigration : Fiance Visa

We hope you have been following our blog post series (part 1, part 2, part3, part 4, part 5, part 6) on United States immigration laws. In this post we will discuss fiance visa.

Finance visa or a K-1 visa, is a type of visa that provide immigration option to the fiance of a U.S citizen. The primary purpose of this visa is for future spouse to be able to come to US. Alternatively you could first get married outside the United States, and the U.S. citizen spouse could sponsor the foreign spouse. To know more refer our post about green card. There are certain caveats to the marriage performed outside U.S. If you want to explore green card options for marriages performed outside U.S, contact us.

In order to apply for a fiancé visa for your fiancé you must meet the following requirements:

  1. You are a U.S. citizen

  2. You and your fiancé intend to marry one another within 90 days of your fiancé’s admission to the United States on a K-1 nonimmigrant visa

  3. You and your fiancé are both legally free to marry and any previous marriages have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment)

  4. You and your fiancé met each other in person at least once within the 2-year period before you file your petition. There are certain workaround to relax this requirement, and our office can help you with that.

K-visa process is a multi step process and is kick started by filing Form I-129.

If you want to know more about K visa, contact our office today!

9 views0 comments


bottom of page